Rowan College of South Jersey
One year ago, Rowan College of South Jersey started a grassroots OER initiative on campus starting with a small working group of librarians, faculty, administrators, and the college’s eLearning team. In this short time, RCSJ has explored and implemented an OER movement on campus. This workshop audience will be presented with a board game version of Rowan College South Jersey’s journey with OER.
<<abstract was truncated>>
Opportunities to build momentum
- Reward faculty for adopting an OER textbook
- Reward faculty for reviewing OER textbooks
- Have students create the covers (covers have different copyright than the content of the book)
- Reach out to alumni foundation for funding (already cover student textbooks through scholarships – have them give you the funding to be able to fund textbooks for hundreds of students)
Ideas for OER content
- Music class – create a Spotify playlist, have students create a (free) account to listen to playlist.
- Hypothesis – tool that exists online (website, PDF, etc.), students can annotate document, and keep the annotations. Paid version (integrated with LMS) can allow all students annotate together.