Lynn GreeneUsual scores are taken exclusively from questions answered about yourselfNeed scores are taken exclusively from questions answered about other peopleHow do I see myself compared to how I see others?<<Birkman collects millions of>> –> <<how people…>>
- Self perception data points –> view themselves
- Social perception data points –> view others
New Perspective Scales
Individuality (how I see myself) compared to how most people see themselvesDistinctiveness (how I see myself) compared to how I see most people
- Only available when both “self” and “others” data is present.
- Means that Birkman is likely the only assessment that can measure this.
Social Acuity (how I see others) compared to how most people see others
- The closer your Need score is to 50, the higher your social acuity will be.
Image Management (how I see myself) compared to how I see others
- In the context of social desirability
- Improved version of Challenge
- A measure of the intensity of the respondent’s positive self-image
- Will show values of self-affirming & others-affirming (inverse of self critical & most critical)
- Leadership development